Saturday, September 5, 2015

Texting: Help or Hurt?

Many people look at texting as such a negative thing. I'll be the first to admit my phone distracts me from many things. Most days I'd like throw that annoying device into the nearest lake. I love being connected into all the little social worlds, don't get me wrong. At the same time, I've realized how disconnected I've been with the real world. I should be living in the moment; taking in and enjoying the things and people around me. However, I am still a firm believer that texting helps us. I believe it aids in staying sharp on our writing. Texting is like writing, but with no paper or pencil. We still use thought to form words, ideas, and sentences. Also, texting helps us stay creative. Sometimes, when  we text we create things such as "textisms", smileys, or even a cute, little tongue face. Texting can help us share the ideas we have really fast too because using "Imessage" is instant. In the "Texting Can Help With Spelling" article, it states that texting does indeed help with our writing because it forces us  to understand how words are built, and to read; which improves our literacy. The use of textisms has proven that it does spark our creativity.


                                                           Link to Texting Picture                                                      

5 comments:

  1. I like how you say that it helps with creativity, instead of just writing and spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also believe it helps with our creativity along with our writing and spelling. I am also one who is guilty of being on my phone too much and not experiencing the real world around me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree that texting helps us stay sharp on our writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree that texting is the same as writing just with out a pencil and paper. and that you have to use your thoughts to creative words, sentences and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy the humor you use in the beginning. It really helps me enjoy reading your blog. Also, I think you use very good support to show you are aware of the opposing argument and your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete